Morro Hawk Canyon

December 13, 2014

My trip to Jasper in December had one goal in mind, scout out some trails to known ice climbing hot spots.  Not only are Ice climbs most often the best indicators for waterfalls in the winter time, I also have future plans to learn the sport!  Hopefully in a month's time I'll be strapping up for a ice climb and of course I'll be filming my attempt (however poor).  This region of Jasper however is used by a slightly more experienced group of climbers.  Knowing that I'm not anywhere near their skill, I only wanted to search out my future competition.

I would park off the highway in a small pull-over parking spot, West of Edna Lake and East of the Palisades (Celestine Road).  I would hike near 3Km however stop just shy of the canyon, as I would need more proper gear to scramble into the canyon for a photo.
Click the photo to open the Geo-Panorama

No comments:

Post a Comment